- 01-Oct-2014 to 05-Oct-2014 (MST)
- Nisswa, MN, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Sales and Service is responsible for the company's revenue and to build and maintain a high performance team through understanding team competencies, employee development and efficient communications that drives positive employee engagement. Maintain relationships with external strategic partners and industry influencers. Consistently mentor's team members on ways to leverage product throughout the business development process to increase profitability. Acts as a role model and creates a respectful, agile, change-adept culture, responding resourcefully to new demands, priorities, challenges or obstacles.
- Provide transformational sales leadership through people management, sales process and go-to-market approach including aggressive channel leverage.
- Work closely with, mentor and develop the leadership team.
- Develop increased consultative sales and account management skills within the sales and service team.
- Attract, retain and develop market leading sales and service talent.
- Enhance and maintain a comprehensive sales management reporting system including KPI's that measure the ongoing effectiveness of the team.
- Work in close collaboration with our Finance team to manage an effective monthly forecasting process including a 12 month rolling forecast.
- Stay abreast of market developments and provide competitive intelligence to internal teammates.
- Collaborate with marketing and product development as these departments function as key drivers of lead generation campaigns and product marketing tools.
- Coordinate and manage the Sales and Services team within the business unit to ensure appropriate process for sales hand-offs and account management.
Ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of the education industry and should be comfortable discussing all aspects. The successful candidate should have demonstrated expertise analyzing problems, jointly developing solutions and ultimately, leading a consultative based solution. This is a role for a seasoned sales and service leader who brings experience and a depth of understanding in software, print products and solutions in the education marketplace. He/she will be driven, motivated and excited by opportunity to expand the market share, revenue and client base, while broadening the skills and capabilities of the team and key processes they follow.
The key candidate must have demonstrated the following competencies:
- Culture Fit: Respectful, high energy, high humility, and a strong bias for action. Demonstrated collaborative, team-orientated and inspiring management style. An effective change leader including experience in order to open cross sell opportunities.
- Business Leadership: Thorough understanding of the education space. Strong executive, leadership and customer presence. S/he will be an asset not only with leading and managing the sales and service teams, but has the experience and knowledge of working in the field in order to share and train to the scenarios. Through his/her consultative orientation s/he should be able to teach the team members a true 'business partner' approach to the sales and service teams.
- People Leadership: Performance orientated with strong discipline around sales process (pipeline management, forecasting, etc.) and results measurement. Demonstrated aptitude for talent management. Excellent relationship builder internally and externally. The successful candidate should excel in working in an open team environment and have superior leadership skills. The candidate should be able to create a work environment where team workers are accountable for the results. Oversees the hiring, development, and retention of a sales organization.
- Interview, hire and train employees; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; retain top talent.
- It should be highlighted that the leader should be mentor and team developer; growing managers in his/her area of responsibility within Glynlyon.
- Self-Leadership: Swift but well considered decision maker – strong pattern recognition skills grounded in diverse set of experiences. Possesses the judgment required to make informed, data based decisions.
- Results Leadership: Strong track record of delivering results that meet or exceed sales targets. Demonstrated ability to build a sustainable book of business at the required scale. The successful candidate will have a track record of personally driving and growing revenue in the education industry. Ideally, he/she would have some relationships developed, with a track record of not only opening new accounts, but also extending and growing business with existing accounts. It will be important that the candidate can provide evidence of relationships that have lasted over the course of multiple years.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience in a Director of Sales/Service Role
- Minimum seven (5) years of experience in management, including P&L accountability, market analysis and contract negotiations and a four-year degree from an accredited university is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and people management skills.
We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability and live insurance in addition to a 401(K) with employer matching contributions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!