- 10-Jul-2013 to 03-Oct-2013 (MST)
- Chandler, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Odysseyware, an operating division of Glynlyon Inc. a dynamic, growing, Educational Software Company, seeks a Enterprise Architect. This position will provide the breadth and depth of technology architecture and direction for all current and future products in the area of online education. This position will also provide a similar direction for enterprise architecture within Glynlyon Inc. This position will be responsible for management of an architecture group consisting of highly talented and driven technology architects. This position will ensure deep architecture planning and design in collaboration with architects, deliver finished, high quality, and world-class software products and build and lead the software architecture group.
• Provide deep architectural planning, discussions, design, documentation, collaboration and implementation based on proven track record and based on best practices
• Provide leadership by example for software architecture team comprising highly talented technology architects.
• Work with peer software development managers to help as needed within the development and execution of software development plans and sprints.
• Provide employee development and teambuilding, coaching and mentoring
• Drive hiring, corrective action and terminations for software architecture team
• Solely responsible for the success of the software product delivery cycles
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Understand the existing landscape and develop a deep understanding of Glynlyon's architectural systems
• Provide objective assessments of existing product and enterprise architecture.
• Provide architectural oversight and direction for future enhancements to existing products and enterprise systems.
• Provide architectural oversight and direction for innovative new future product ideas.
• Provide architectural oversight and direction in the areas of performance and scalability of products and enterprise systems as and when required.
• Keep current on new large-scale technology solutions
• Drive positive change to the organization by improving business/technology alignment, eliminating technology and process barriers, and enabling business and technology strategies
• Work as an integrated team with the software execution teams to drive successful milestones with a focus on customer value and quality.
• Communicate short and long term goals and objectives to all employees.
• Using agile/lean principles, ensure your team's development of problem solving skills, critical thinking, root cause analysis & elimination, and kaizen (continuous improvement) by setting an example.
• Provide quarterly feedback for employees
• Provide annual performance reviews for employees with a focus on company vision, employee growth, technical excellence and problem solving skills.
• Provide example based leadership and mentoring to employees
• Attention to detail and follow-through on daily activities as well as on long-term goals.
• Report on schedule and product progress
• BS or MS in Computer Science or BS/MS EE.
• Experience in eLearning or online educational systems is a plus
• Extensive in-depth experience with developing and delivering commercial/enterprise software architecture systems is required
• 10+ years software architecture experience in open source software systems.
• Problem solving skills required
• Critical thinking skills required
• Production experience with Web-based, database driven applications required
• Extensive database modeling and database driven design and architecture experience required
• Postgres and/or Oracle Database experience in development and production systems required.
• Deep architectural experience with ORM required
• Deep architectural experience with J2EE stack with focus on Hibernate and Spring required
• Deep architectural experience with Java required. Groovy/Grails experience is a plus.
• Experience in UNIX or Linux operating systems in development & production systems required
• .NET, Windows, MS-SQL technologies a plus
• iOS, MAC OS X, android development skills will be a plus
• Strong work ethic – someone who takes great pride in ownership and accountability.
• Production experience with Agile/Lean methodology, strategies and techniques is a plus
Competetive Benefit Package Including:
• 401(K) with Company matching contributions
• Paid vacation and sick days
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Life insurance
• Disability insurance
• Product discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!