- 20-Nov-2012 to 21-May-2013 (MST)
- Chandler, AZ, USA
- Full Time
• Engineers the support and maintenance of large-scale production systems, including the design and development of tools and scripts to assist with such maintenance.
• Integrates and/or consolidates servers and services between different business units and technologies, including the design and development of the necessary integration tools.
• Designs, integrates, and maintains service oriented architecture environments supporting internally developed applications.
• Create and review release management procedures for development through production code releases.
• Designs archive and backup systems. Insure backup and archiving designs and procedures are implemented properly.
• Develops best practices, operational procedures and design documentation.
• Plans and coordinates system utilization, and performs growth analysis and capacity planning.
• Reviews current systems and makes technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
• Provides on-call support advice and technical support to various users/clients regarding operational/applications issues.
• Installs and debugs new and/or upgraded software on server and client platforms.
• Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
• Stays up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems. Evaluates new hardware and software technologies, and presents analysis and purchase recommendations to the administration team and to management.
• Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer oriented team and perform effectively as an independent producer under broad management direction.
• Rotational on-call responsibility.
• 7+ years of network engineering and systems administration experience in a large heterogeneous Windows/UNIX/Linux production environment is required.
• Solid understanding of UNIX-based and LINUX operating systems - LINUX/Redhat strongly preferred
• Experience with service oriented architecture, PHP, J2EE and JSP is essential, e.g., Glassfish, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server, etc.
• Experience with object-relational database systems, e.g., Postgres, Oracle, Mysql
• Significant experience with and understanding of LDAP, TCP/IP, NFS, DHCP, SMB, SNMP, etc.
• Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
• Excellent organizational and time/task management skills are required.
• Experience with business collaboration tools such as Outlook, Excel, Visio, MS Project essential.
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health, Life, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD and a 401(K) with employer matching contributions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!