- 10-Jul-2013 to 23-Oct-2013 (MST)
- Chandler, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Glynlyon Inc. a dynamic, growing, Educational Software Company seeks a Software Development Manager. This position will provide management execution throughout the software product development process. Ensure design, process and quality practices are followed. Deliver finished, high quality, and world-class software products. Build and lead software groups, contractors and third-party vendors.
• Provide leadership by example for software development teams comprising software developers, QA personnel & project managers.
• Develop and execute software development plans, and manage software engineering schedules and resource allocation and budget using lean software development principles.
• Provide employee development and teambuilding, coaching and mentoring
• Drive hiring, corrective action and terminations for software development team
• Solely responsible for the success of the software product delivery cycles
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Using Lean (Agile) software practices and a strong & positive leadership style, drive customer-centric milestones.
• Communicate short and long term goals and objectives to all employees.
• Using agile/lean principles within product development cycles, ensure your team's development of problem solving skills, critical thinking, root cause analysis & elimination, and kaizen (continuous improvement) by setting an example.
• Provide quarterly feedback for employees
• Provide annual performance reviews for employees with a focus on company vision, employee growth, technical excellence and problem solving skills.
• Provide example based leadership and mentoring to employees
• Manage outsourced development resources as needed
• Attention to detail and follow-through on daily activities as well as on long-term goals.
• Report on schedule and product progress
• Will not be responsible for deep technical architectural decisions or product decisions. Rather, work with architecture and leadership teams to understand product and technical direction and subsequently translate to efficient Lean (Agile) based execution.
• Execute details of Lean (Agile) sprint based processes that includes backlog management, sprint planning, user story creation, TDD, building quality in, code and test reviews, managing Kanban flows, identifying root causes and sprint retrospectives.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or BS/MS EE. MBA a strong plus.
• Extensive experience with developing and delivering commercial/enterprise software required
• 5 years software development management experience required, including Lean (Agile) based implementation.
• Production experience with Web-based, database driven application development required
• Strong work ethic – someone who takes great pride in ownership and accountability.
• Production experience with Agile/Lean methodology, strategies and techniques
• Problem solving skills required
• Critical thinking skills required
Competitive Benefit Package Including:
- 401(K) With Company Matching Contributions
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!